Energy efficient homes Canterbury
Harley Builders are specialists in new architectural homes and renovation additions focusing on building energy efficient and passive homes.
A few facts about the Certified Passive House Harley Builders Ltd have built in Christchurch:
- The average new built house has air leakage of 6-10 air changes/hour.
- We have achieved .35 air changes/hour, which will maintain a temperature of 20-25C.
- There are huge benefits for utility bills, particularly as this has solar panels and inverter, with any excess power being sold back to the grid.
- International Certified Passive house standard is very robust with vigorous testing that provides results (e.g. blower door test)
- Features that achieve efficiencies are; blown in insulation, wider walls, vapour check products and tapes that seal air, ventilation systems that create clean controlled air and provide even temperatures, energy efficient windows.
- Only Quality materials used.
Harley Builders Ltd have been in business in Canterbury for 9 years, have a solid background in energy efficient building and can help you build back better.